How to Add an Outlook Email Signature in Outlook by Microsoft
In today’s professional world, email communication plays a vital role in maintaining effective and efficient business relationships. One way to enhance your new email correspondence and leave a lasting impression is by adding a signature to your Outlook emails. An email signature not only adds a touch of professionalism but also provides essential contact information and branding elements. In this blog post, we will walk you through the step-by-step guide of adding a signature in Outlook Desktop app. This will only take minutes to complete and we will guide on how to look more professional when you add a signature to your emails.
Understanding the Benefits of Email Signatures: Before we delve into the technicalities of adding a signature in Outlook, let’s explore the benefits of having an email signature:
- Professionalism: A well-designed signature adds a professional touch to your emails, leaving a positive impression on your recipients.
- Contact Details: By including your name, job title, phone number, and other relevant details, you make it easier for recipients to contact you.
- Branding: Consistently incorporating your company’s logo, colors, and tagline in your signature reinforces your brand identity.
Most importantly, remember your signature template is your online business card and hyperlinks to your website and phone number.
II. Creating Your Email Signature: Follow these simple steps to create a personalized email signature:
- Launch Outlook: Open Microsoft Outlook on your computer.
- Access Signature Settings: In Outlook, go to “File” > “Options” > “Mail” > “Signatures.”
- Create a New Signature: Click on the “New” button to create a new signature.
- Enter Signature Details: Type your name, job title, and other contact preferences you want to include in the signature.
- Add Visual Elements: To enhance your signature’s visual appeal, consider adding your company logo or links to a social media page.
- Customize the Layout: Utilize font styles, sizes, and colors to create a visually appealing and legible signature.
- Include Social Media Icons: If desired, insert clickable icons linked to your professional social media profiles.
- As a bonus, to edit a signature in outlook, you will go through the same process as to add your signature in outlook.
For a customized email signature, you may also elect to use an email signature generator to create an outlook signature and be sure sure to add an image when you create an email signature.
III. Configuring Default Signatures: To ensure your signature automatically appears in every outgoing email, follow these steps:
- Set the Default Signature: In the Signature Settings, select your newly created signature for both “New messages” and “Replies/forwards” for the signature you want. By selecting a default signature on outlook for desktop, when you compose a new email, outlook will automatically add in your signature on a new email. Likewise when you reply to an email, Outlook desktop version will automatically include your signature and it will appear at the bottom.
- Apply Signature to Specific Email Accounts: If you have multiple email accounts linked to Outlook, choose the relevant account(s) under “Choose default signature” for each email address. This will also help you navigate the use of your default signature for new emails from different accounts in every email replies and forwards.
Keep in mind, this takes the Desktop version of outlook into consideration, you may want to add a text signature for the outlook mobile app, and the outlook.com web app. On You can follow similar steps for outlook on the web, type your signature in the signature section / text box and you will see your new signature will appear in the email window. Unfortunately, on the mobile outlook app, the ways to create and add a signature to outlook will be in text-only format depending on your device but the result remains the same as you can choose to automatically include your signature name or manually insert it.
IV. Advanced Signature Customizations: To further enhance your email signature, consider the following customization options:
- Mobile-Friendly Signatures: Create a separate, streamlined signature specifically designed for mobile devices to ensure optimal readability.
- HTML Signatures: If you have coding expertise, you can design an HTML signature to include more advanced elements like interactive buttons or dynamic content.
- Wisely Using Images: When using images in your signature, ensure they are appropriately sized, compressed, and hosted on a reliable server to avoid broken image links.
Conclusion: Adding an email signature to your Outlook emails is a simple yet impactful way to enhance your professional communication. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can create a personalized signature that reflects your identity and promotes your brand. Remember, a well-crafted signature not only improves the visual appeal of your emails but also provides recipients with essential contact information. So, go ahead and add that finishing touch to your Outlook emails with a signature that leaves a lasting impression.