How to Pair a New Fire Stick Remote Without the Old One
Pairing a new Fire Stick remote when the old one is lost or damaged can seem like a daunting task. But don’t worry.
This guide will walk you through the steps to solve this problem. Whether your remote is lost in the abyss of your couch cushions or simply stopped working, we’ve got you covered. You’ll learn to pair a new Firestick remote without the old one, ensuring your entertainment doesn’t skip a beat. So, let’s dive in and get your TV back in action!
What Do You Need to Pair the New Firestick Remote Without the Old One?
Before you start the pairing process, you’ll need a few things:
- – A new Fire Stick remote: Make sure your Firestick is compatible with the new remote. You can get an official replacement from Amazon or a compatible third-party remote.
- – Your Fire Stick: Make sure it’s connected to your TV and the TV is turned on.
- – The Amazon Fire TV app: Download the TV app on your smartphone. This app will temporarily control your Firestick to help you navigate the Fire Stick’s settings.
How to Prepare for the Pairing Process For the New Fire TV Remote?
Proper preparation is key to a smooth pairing process. Here’s what you need to do:
- Check the new remote’s batteries: Your new remote should come with batteries. Make sure they’re properly installed. If your remote isn’t working, it could be as simple as the batteries being inserted incorrectly or needing to be replaced.
- Install the Amazon Fire TV app on your mobile device: This app will act as a temporary remote, allowing you to access the settings on your Fire Stick and initiate the pairing process. The app is available for both Android and iOS devices.
How to Complete the Pairing Process with the New Fire TV Stick Remote?
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to pair a new remote without the old one:
Confirm the remote’s compatibility with the Fire Stick: Not all remotes are compatible with all Fire Stick models. Make sure your new remote is compatible with your specific Fire Stick model. You can check this on the Amazon website.
- Plug in the Firestick device and turn on the TV: Ensure your Firestick device is properly connected to your TV and the power source. Turn on your TV and switch to the HDMI input where your Firestick is connected.
- Navigate to the Settings menu on the Firestick home screen: Use your TV remote or the Fire TV mobile app to navigate the Firestick home screen. Locate the ‘Settings’ option, usually represented by a gear icon, and select it.
- Access the Controllers & Bluetooth Devices option: In the settings menu, find and select the ‘Controllers & Bluetooth Devices’ option. This will take you to a new menu where you can manage all connected devices.
- Select the Amazon Fire TV Remotes option: In the ‘Controllers & Bluetooth Devices’ menu, you’ll see an option for ‘Amazon Fire TV Remotes’. Select this to manage your Firestick remotes.
- Click on the Add New Remote button: Finally, select the ‘Add New Remote’ option. Your Firestick will start searching for new remotes. Hold the ‘Home’ button on your new remote for 10 seconds. Your Firestick should detect and pair the new remote automatically.
- Test the functionality of the newly paired remote: Once your new remote is paired, test it out to make sure it’s working properly. Try navigating the Fire Stick interface, opening apps, and playing content.
Troubleshooting Tips For Pairing a New Fire Stick Remote Without the Old Remote
Even with the best instructions, sometimes things don’t go as planned. If you’re having trouble pairing your new Firestick remote, don’t worry. Here are some troubleshooting tips that might help:
- Check the Batteries of the New Remote: Make sure your new remote has fresh batteries inserted correctly. Low battery power or incorrectly inserted batteries can prevent the remote from pairing.
- Verify the Remote is Within Range of the Firestick Device: The Firestick remote uses Bluetooth to connect, which has a range of about 30 feet. Make sure your remote is within this range when trying to pair.
- Restart the Firestick Device and Try Again: Sometimes, a simple restart can fix many issues. Unplug your Firestick device from the power source, wait for a few seconds, and then plug it back in. Once it’s back on, try the pairing process again.
- Try resetting your FireStick TV remote: check this article for detailed instructions.
Can You Use Third-Party Remote?
Yes, you can use a third-party remote with your Fire Stick. However, make sure the remote is compatible with your Fire Stick model. Some popular third-party remotes include the Inteset IReTV Remote and the SofaBaton F2 Universal Remote.
How to Use the Amazon Fire TV Mobile App as a Remote?
If you cannot pair a Firestick remote or are waiting for a replacement remote, you can use the Amazon Fire TV app to use your Firestick without a remote. Here’s how:
- Download the Amazon Fire TV app: The app is available for both Android and iOS devices. You can download it from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- Connect the app to your Fire Stick: Open the app and follow the on-screen instructions to connect it to your Fire Stick. Make sure your mobile device and your Fire Stick are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Use the Firestick app as a remote: Once connected, you can use the app as a remote to control the Fire Stick interface and your content.
How to Remove the Old Remote from Your Fire Stick?
If your old remote is lost or broken, you might want to remove it from your Fire Stick to avoid any potential interference. Here’s how:
- Access the settings menu: Use the Amazon Fire TV app or a paired remote to navigate to the settings menu on your Fire Stick.
- Navigate to the remote section: In the settings menu, select “Controllers & Bluetooth Devices”, then “Amazon Fire TV Remotes”.
- Remove the old remote: You’ll see a list of paired remotes. This is where your new remote appears after it has been paired. Find and select the old remote and choose “Forget this device”.
- The Fire Stick should remove the remote from the list.
Whether your old remote is lost, damaged, or not working, this guide has provided the steps to get your new remote up and running.
Remember, the key to successful pairing is patience and following the steps carefully. Check your batteries, ensure your remote is within range, and don’t hesitate to restart your Firestick device if needed.
If you’re still having trouble, the Firestick app is a great alternative that turns your smartphone or tablet into a remote. And, of course, if all else fails, Amazon’s customer support is always there to help.
So, don’t let a lost or broken remote interrupt your entertainment. With these tips and tricks, you’re fully equipped to tackle any remote pairing issues. Also, remember, if you need further support, don’t hesitate to give a call to your local expert technician today! Happy streaming!