Mounting a TV on the wall has become a staple for home entertainment setups. To ensure proper mounting and avoid damaging the wall, you will want to follow these steps from our experienced installers.
- Determine where you want to mount the TV on your wall. Make sure it’s not in the way of swinging doors or windows. If there is a window in the room, it’s best to place the TV along the same wall instead of opposite it, to avoid a glare on the TV.
- Test the view of the location and height of installation using a TV-shaped cutout or painter’s tape and paper. This will help you adjust the location before drilling into the wall and give you an idea of how the TV will look in that spot, once it’s installed.
- Once you have the location chosen, you will need to use the stud finder to locate the studs in the wall and mark them with a pencil. For a secure installation, it’s important to only secure your TV mount into studs. Drywall alone will not withstand the weight of a TV.
- To ensure the installation is level, place the level along the top of the TV-shaped cutout. Using a pencil, mark pilot holes where you plan to drill.
- Position the wall mount and check the level again. Adjust and mark the location on the wall with a pencil again if needed.
- Drill pilot holes into the marked studs using the proper drill bit.
- Using a screwdriver or drill with the appropriate bit, attach the mount to the wall.
- Gently place the TV face down on a towel or Styrofoam packaging. Attach the mounting plate directly to the back of the TV.
- With help from someone else, lift the TV while making sure the mounting plate aligns with the wall mount and make sure the TV is securely attached before letting go.
- For an aesthetically pleasing setup, zip tie or velcro all the cords together and use cord covers in the same color as your wall to hide all of the cables.
If you’d like to enjoy your new TV without the trouble of mounting it yourself, contact Geeks on Site for hassle-free, professional TV wall mounting service for your home or business.