Smart home devices are not exclusive to high-tech enthusiasts. More and more homes are turning to technology for the convenience, comfort, and value smart home devices adds to their home. An estimated 175 million homes in the world are now considered smart homes. In the U.S. alone, 69% of homes have at least one smart home device, and approximately 22 million homes have more. It’s reported that many homes have as many as 16 smart home devices in their household. Smart home devices range from security camera systems and entertainment systems to refrigerators and thermostats.
The most popular smart home devices are:
- Entertainment: speakers, television, and gaming consoles
- Smart Assistant (Alexa, Google, Siri)
- Kitchen Appliances: refrigerator, dishwasher, oven, microwave
- Washer and Dryer
- Security System: video doorbell, indoor/outdoor security camera, and motion sensors
- Points of Entry: door locks and garage door openers
- Home safety: smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors
- Lawncare: sprinkler systems and robot lawn mowers
- Temperature control and air quality: thermostats and air purifiers
- Lighting and Outlets: smart plugs and smart bulbs
- Cleaning: robot vacuums
New smart home devices are hitting the market every year, and by 2023, it’s predicted that 15% of homes worldwide will have a smart home device. A top reason for smart home devices in the home is convenience.
Homeowners are leveraging the time and convenience that comes with automating everyday household chores and enjoyment from maximizing their home entertainment with smart home devices. Geeks on Site is an industry leader in smart home installations – contact us today!